A must read article on what tough decisions are needed to taken for being successful as a leader at a start up! Original article is from Onstartups.com
So, here’s advice to my future self and all of you: *DO* be a hero.
1. Be a hero. Go after that big, powerful incumbent that doesn’t delight its customers enough.
2. Be a hero. Hire that awesome, amazing person — even though they don’t fit any of the roles you’re currently looking for.
3. Be a hero. Make that sacrifice that will negatively impact your profits but completely aligns with your passions.
4. Be a hero. Make that really, really hard decision that even the smartest people you know can’t seem to agree on.
5. Be a hero. Say no to that accomplished, super-successful person that your team interviewed, loved and convinced to join — but doesn’t fit your culture.
View original post 126 more words